Now more than ever, organizations are at more significant risk from cyber attacks. Spotify’s credential stuffing cyber attack left over 300 000 user accounts exposed to malicious criminals. Episodes like this can cripple an organization, so companies need to prevent them.
One of the best ways to stay safe is by investing in Identity and Access Management Software. Still, you need to choose fast and scalable software for the best result. Some of the top IAM solutions to make your choice easier are:
Tools4ever is a complete identity and governance solution that simplifies managing user accounts and giving proper access within compliance with HIPAA and SOX regulations. With years of experience and over 5 million user accounts, Tools4ever is an excellent choice for educators, healthcare providers, governmental bodies, and financial organizations.
The core mission of Tools4ever is to assist its clients in solving their identity management problems through a functional platform that can accommodate new changes even in the future. The team at Tools4ever has over one decade of experience to help them achieve a scalable solution through design development, consultancy, and implementation.
Key Features and Benefits of Tools4ever
The tool uses the Hello ID platform for identity governance. Below are the core features of the program.
- Automated synchronized user programming eliminates the headache of manually creating, managing, and disabling user accounts. The software connects HR systems or active directories like Gsuite and downstream services, thus automating the whole process.
- Structured authorization management uses role-based access control to assign correct authorizations to their appropriate roles. This feature saves time and money and enhances security.
- Workflow management and self-service enable employees to request access and managers to grant access within the same directory without IT intervention.
- Downstream provisioning automates connecting managed user accounts with systems and applications.
The prices span three categories: access management, service automation, and provisioning. The company bills each service monthly and establishes rates on a per-user basis.
Access management services cost $1.01 per user, service automation runs an additional $0.93 per user, and provisioning costs $1.63 per user.
Duo Beyond is among the various IAM software versions offered by Duo security which Cisco acquired in 2018. The tool is a cloud-based solution that enables organizations to enjoy secure access across multiple platforms.
Duo Beyond enables you to distinguish between business and personal endpoints, bar untrusted devices, and securely give your users access to internal applications without a hitch.
Key Features and Benefits of Duo Beyond
In addition to enjoying all the benefits of Duo Access, Duo Beyond enables you to enjoy the below features.
- Duo Trust Monitor enables you to track every endpoint. This feature lets you to use the device insight dashboard to see a complete list of corporate-owned and personal devices such as desktops, laptops, and phones. Once you see these devices, the monitor allows you to enforce access control policies as needed to enable BYOD confidently.
- MDM-free data security integrates with existing Enterprise Asset Management and Enterprise mobility management tools to help you identify all managed and unmanaged devices with access to your data.
- Device Health enables you to ensure those third-party Endpoint agents’ user devices meet security liquid requirements before being allowed to access sensitive applications.
- Unified Endpoint Visibility blocks and trusts endpoints using Duo’s data.
Additionally, you can take advantage of final device insights and policy options to keep an eye on authentication activity at all times on all devices. As a result, you can quickly detect any unusual user behavior.
Furthermore, Duo uses the Duo identifier to mark managed devices so these devices can be perceived as trusted. This allows you to get detailed insights into all user devices without investing in MDM technology.
Duo Beyond costs $9 per user per month.
3. Ping Identity
Ping Identity is an identity management and access solution based on the cloud and designed for hybrid IT environments. As such, it can be deployed as SaaS, on the cloud, on-premise, or both cloud and on-premise hence meeting your needs irrespective of the kind of applications you use.
Ping is a perfect solution for many people, including customers, partners, employees, and enterprises, who wish to control their access management at scale. Creating seamless and secure sign-on experiences for your customers and staff is possible with Ping Identity, but how do you know if it’s the appropriate solution for your business?
Key Features and Benefits of Ping Identity
Ping Identity offers the following key features:
- Single sign-on (SSO) allows users to sign on and access multiple applications or services using a single set of credentials. By reducing the number of passwords required, you can reduce the incidences of cyberattacks, thus boosting your organization’s security. SSO also enables the satisfaction of your users and reduces your IT costs.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) allows you to prove users’ identities before giving them access. They can prove they are who they are by providing multiple pieces of evidence from different categories, such as a fingerprint and a password. This helps to prevent attacks related to weak passwords.
- Web/API access security enables you to use a policy-oriented security layer to centralize access control for APIs, mobile, and web users. As such, only those who are supposed to gain access to specific resources do so.
Other notable capabilities of the platform include identity orchestration, risk management, and dynamic authorization, among others.
The platform offers three pricing plans: essential, plus, and premium. The Essential Plan starts at $20,000 per year, while the Plus Plan starts at $40 000 per year. The premium plan has no fixed rent hence the need to contact the sales team for a quote.
JumpCloud is a cloud-based open directory platform that offers a wide range of identity and access Management Solutions. It allows its users to access its resources virtually, on the cloud on-premise, or across various devices ranging from Windows and Linux to Mac OS.
JumpCloud has various capabilities that enable its administrators to automate workflows using a single web console for provisioning its users and devices in any location.
Key Features and Benefits of JumpCloud
JumpCloud offers a wide range of capabilities to help you with identity management, access management, and device management. Below are a few features and benefits you get from using this tool.
- Single Sign-On enables you are a user to access a unified login to SAML and OIDC-based web apps.
- Multi-Factor Authentication bars unauthorized logins through its secure digital resources.
- Password Manager allows users to store and manage their passwords safely, thus simplifying access workflows across OS device management.
- Cross OS Device Management allows for secure control of devices from a central place.
- HRIS enables you to import identities from the HR system, so you can now automatically manage identities.
- Identity Lifecycle Management helps you to create identities, modify identities, and cancel user identities from a centralized open directory platform.
JumpCloud offers five pricing plans, from the a la carte plan that charges $2 per user per month to the platform Plus Plan, which costs $18 per user per month.
Auth0 is a cloud-secure access solution that controls logins to web applications. This tool is an excellent solution for B2B and b2c Enterprises, developers, security professionals, and organizations seeking employee identity access management.
Key Features and Benefits of Auth0
Listowel enhances access Management by defining access roles for your users. Below are some key features that ensure your access management becomes more manageable.
- Role-Based Access Control enables you to allocate permissions to users based on their roles in your organization. This approach is manageable and prevents you from making errors as opposed to if you were to assign permissions by hand.
- API Authorization ensures that users have access to secure applications only.
- Standard-Based Security provides secure communication through APIs protected by the OAuth2 open standards.
Auth0 prides itself on flexible pricing plans that accommodate companies and developers. It offers a free program that accommodates up to 7000 users and logins. You do not need a credit card to start using this plan.
The tool offers two more pricing plans, including B2C essentials and B2C professionals. The essentials plan starts at $23 a month and is best suited for simple projects or applications. The Professional Plan starts at $240 per month for those teams or projects needing tight security.
Safeguard Your Organization With the Best IAM Software Solution
Each of the above tools works uniquely; hence they are not equal. Some may offer cloud services only, while others may be hybrid. As such, choosing the best tool that fits your company’s needs all boils down to you.
Figure out what capabilities you expect from an IAM solution, then pick one that possesses the same. Additionally, consider your budgets and the devices you need to use and see whether a particular software supports it.